Berlin Trip 2024 - 1-3 April 2024
BERLIN TRIP 2024 - 1 - 3 April 2024
BERLIN TRIP 2023
Informative, emotional and fun! This year’s trip to Berlin had it all. Led by our excellent guide, Ian, our group travelled through the city, learning about its tragic yet interesting history. Highlights of the trip included:
- A thought-provoking tour at Sachsenhausen concentration camp memorial;
- A memorial for the murdered Jewish population in Europe;
- A trip to the Reichstag (Germany’s government building) with an audio tour about the city;
- A visit to the Olympic Stadium where Jesse Owens famously won four gold medals in the 1936 games
- And a Berlin Wall memorial, complete with inspiring stories of escapes from East to West Berlin.
Our hotel provided excellent accommodation with generous and delicious packed lunches and breakfasts. Overall, the Berlin trip was a fantastic experience and I would recommend it to anyone interested in RE or History. Thank you very much to Mrs Lashmar, Miss Dann and Mr Foxwell for arranging it and making the trip so great!